Tuesday, August 31, 2010

San Xavier del Bac

Back in the spring Mike and I made a day trip to Mission San Xavier del Bac, 9 miles south of downtown Tucson. It was a beautiful, sunny day and I made lots of photographs both in the church and on the grounds. I've actually not made any photographs to speak of since then as I've been working on "Mirror Mirror" encaustic series for show almost exclusively. Today I was looking at these photos in a folder on the computer and decided to play with a few images. Here they are. I'll probably play with some of the church interior images at a later date.

This one got a little extra Photoshopping with the birds dropped into the sky. And then a sepia version:

I think I like both color and sepia versions fairly well. I'm undecided if I have a preference for one over the other at this point. I do think I could do a small series and finish them as photo-encaustic pieces. I definitely want to get back to making more photos regularly! I think I've been missing my camera!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a long time to go without taking pics! :) Gorgeous photos. xo

    ReplyDelete