Saturday, January 22, 2011

Numinosity: Meet the Drawing Group and Randomness from Today's Art Endeavors

Okay, I planned to start a "Saturday Morning Post" this morning, but did not get around to posting it! The good part of not getting the morning post done is that I spent the majority of the morning, and afternoon, up until about an hour ago, in my studio...working on 100 portraits for our drawing group that will be meeting at the Grand Saloon tomorrow afternoon. See Kim's post from our last week's meeting:

*Numinosity*: Meet the Drawing Group: "I've never been part of a drawing group but when I heard it was rather casualand was meeting at the Grand Hotel Saloon in Old Bisbee, I deci..."

We truly have fun with this!!!

Here is a link to check out more of Kim's Blog too:
http://numinositybeads.blogspot.com/

Back to the 100 portraits - on any kind of  approx. 4"x5"paper using any technique creating real life portraits, portraits from photos, and from one's imagination. I got to #22 today, short of the BIG GOAL, but along the way I learned some new techniques, had a great time, and got 4 pictures I really like! I will post next week after the group has met and shared.

In the meantime, here's a photo (2 versions) I also worked on this morning. My love of photography was freshened (rekindled?) after spotting the Web site of Amira Fritz  I love this photo, and really her whole portfolio! Some beautiful images, very inspiring. So, I felt like I was on a caffeine high and "couldn't get enough art today" - seeing the work of other artists, and creating some myself.

Ludmilla and Hettie, photographed end of Dec. 2010. Worked in Photoshop today.

Version 2.
Anyway, this has been, and still is, a great day...More after tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I've only got 94 faces to go before tomorrow, where did the week go?
    I did make some other things however so maybe I can share them.
    See you tomorrow and thanks for the shout out.

    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. I think it came out really good. And we don't even look cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim, I know you've been busy making other things this week:-) Please do bring to share!

    Hettie, thank you. I was pleased with several of them.

    Love:-)

    ReplyDelete