Monday, September 20, 2010

About Frida that was added on Friday

Well, just wanted to comment about Frida from my Friday post of "Mirror Mirror 18". This came from "Frida Kahlo and her Itzcuintli Dogs," photo by Lola Alvarez Bravo, 1944.
 I was hesitant to do Frida as she has been done by so many female artists, at least in the southwest. I decided to do this piece posted on Friday, Sept. 17 anyway as it did fit into the "Mirror Mirror" series AND I have great admiration for Frida as an independent, courageous woman, and great artist. Moving onward. There are now 4 works-in-progress for "Mirror Mirror" show which opens at Subway Gallery on Oct. 9, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one of Frida .There is a very 'rough' mural of her included in the slide show I have on my blog under 'alley way art' - you may enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Helen. Like the mural. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete